and the One who walks with me on it.

Friday, April 25, 2014

If a tree falls…


       The saying goes: if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?  Does anyone else find it absurd that a question like this could even come up in the 21st century?  Seriously, science proves everything, right?  Creation, evolution, physical laws, age of fossils, etc, it can ALL be proven by science…  At least that’s what we’ve been taught to believe.


       So, proven by science, a tree has mass and density, there are other objects of mass and density in the forest, so if one tree falls it will make sounds as it hits other objects as well as the ground which has its own mass and density.  The sounds that are made will vary with many factors but it would be extremely impossible for the tree to not make any sound.  Whether or not anyone ever hears it, it still made a sound.  Whether or not anyone ever knows the tree existed, it still made a sound when it fell.

       I just clapped my hands- like eight times.  I saw it happen, heard it happen, and felt it happen.  I guarantee it happened, so why didn’t you hear it?  Does your lack of hearing the sound invalidate the clapping?  No, it only brings out the truth that you were not in auditory range.  If a deaf person clapped their hands alone in a cave on a mountain, since no one heard the sound does that mean the sound never happened?  If none of us ever believe the event happened, does that make it a non event?
 
       Fact is fact, whether or not we see it, hear it, feel it, can touch it, or prove it.  It certainly doesn’t change whether or not we believe it.  Fact:  I love my children.  They don’t have to believe it.  If they are around the world from me and can’t see, hear or feel my love for them, it doesn’t make my love for them untrue.  So why is it so easy for us to believe lies (such as below) when we are down or under stress?

-God doesn’t love me. (or) No one loves me.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son… Jh. 3:16

-God never hears me.
I love Jehovah because He hears my voice and my prayers. Ps. 116:1

-I am all alone.
For Jehovah your God is He who goes with you. He will not fail you nor forsake you. Dt. 31:6

-I can’t do anything (right).
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Php. 4:13

-I’m stupid.
I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are marvelous and my soul knows it very well. Ps. 139:14

-God must hate me.
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rm. 8:38,39

-God doesn’t exist.
For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God himself has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible attributes—his eternal power and divine nature—have been understood and observed by what he made, so that people are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him… Rm. 1:19-21 ISV

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. 1Tm. 1:17
I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, says the Lord, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty. Rv. 1:8