and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Who Killed Jesus?

Pilot and Rome through him
And deciding to do the easiest to the crowd, Pilate released Barabbas to them, and having scourged Him, delivered up Jesus to be crucified. Mr. 15:15
-Pilot indicated he had the power to crucify or release Jesus. Jh. 19:10

The Sanhedrin & Religious Leaders
And the chief priests and the elders and all the sanhedrin sought false witness against Jesus, in order to put Him to death. Mt. 26:59

The Jews
From fellow Jew, Peter:
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God made this same Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ. Ac. 2:36

The Soldiers
Mt. 27:27 The soldiers ...they crucified Him, dividing His garments, casting a lot; so that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, "They parted My garments among them, and they cast a lot for My clothing." v.35

Judas and Satan
And Satan entered into Judas, surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the Twelve.  And going, he talked with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray Him to them. Lk. 22:3,4

Us
...He has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; ... He was wounded for our transgressions; He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was on Him; and with His stripes we ourselves are healed. Is. 53:4,5
- If we were not sinners, He would not have had to die...

God
in order to do whatever Your hand and Your counsel determined before to be done. Ac. 4:28
...of the Lamb slain, from the foundation of the world. Rv. 13:8
-God already knew from the beginning and made plans for salvation through the slain Lamb Jesus.

No One
-Jesus willingly gave His life for us...
No one has greater love than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. You are My friends... Jh. 15:13,14
Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I might take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down from Myself. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it again. I have received this commandment from My Father. Jh. 10:17,18
Do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He shall presently give Me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then shall the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so? Mt. 26:53,54
...who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross... Hb. 12:2