and the One who walks with me on it.

Friday, February 07, 2014

Walking Out of Sync



       We don’t usually take a walk together as a family anymore.  If we did it would look like we weren’t even together anyway.  My son would take the lead with his long legs and fast stride.  No matter how many times we asked him to slow down, it’s just not in his body to do so.  Next would be me walking faster but nowhere near my son especially since my legs are not as long.  Behind me would be my hubby and daughter who walk about the same pace and stride though I’m sure he slows down for her a bit… or maybe it’s the other way around!

There are a few things that happen when you are walking but not quite together.

       It makes it difficult to communicate.  Sentences are completely missed because of the distance apart.  Or if you are a little closer together but not by their side, the traffic noise causes some words to me missed.  This makes it harder to learn more about each other.  You lose touch with what is going on in the other person’s life, and may miss out on their advice or what instructions they have for you to follow.

And Enoch walked with God, and then he was not, for God took him. Gn. 5:24
By faith Enoch was translated so as not to see death, and he was not found, because God had translated him; for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. Hb. 11:5
And Enoch, the seventh from Adam, also prophesied to these, saying, Behold, the Lord came with myriads of His saints, to do judgment against all, and to rebuke all the ungodly of them concerning all their ungodly works which they ungodly did, and concerning all the hard things ungodly sinners spoke against Him. Jude 1:14,15

I love the enjoyment in their faces as they walk together!
       Enoch walked with God; not in front of Him, or behind Him, but with Him, beside Him- in sync with Him.  This is important because it meant Enoch was in communication with the Lord, and it would have been clear.  They would be able to hear each other fine, know what’s going on in life, and Enoch would have heard the Lord’s advice and instructions.  Enoch surely lived in agreement with the Lord: “Can two walk together unless they are agreed?(Am. 3:3)

       We see that as Enoch walked with God, He prophesied to the unbelievers concerning the Lord, stepping out in faith to do the work God wanted Him to do.  He didn’t teach the easy to hear things, but the truth about what would happen if they didn’t walk right.  So it was at the age of 365 years, Enoch having pleased God, was translated to Heaven to be with God (meaning Enoch did not die to go there).

I’m only 46 and it feels like I struggle to walk with God.  I can’t imagine living that long and staying in sync with God as I walk this journey.  I only hope one day I shall have the same testimony that Enoch had- Vicky walked with God and pleased Him.

Oh glorious and mighty Lord, please help me!