and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, February 08, 2014

Thankful



       Friday I finished driving my son to the bus stop and my daughter to work and was on the way to the highway to get home when all the lights on my car dash went on and it seemed like I was losing power.  I went immediately into a gas station that was close and parked to get gas since I needed it anyway.  After finishing up I could not start the car and a call was put in to CAA.  Over an hour later the tow truck said, by the sounds of it the problem was the alternator.

       The mechanic agreed and installed a new alternator.  After all was said and done I realized how grateful I was that I got the kids where they needed to go before the problem arose.  Also, it was just on Monday I drove four hours out of town to a funeral and back home on Tuesday.  What if the car had broken down then?  It would have been a far bigger hassle.

       So I am very thankful that everything happened the way it did.  I’m sure God had a part in it somewhere.  Man, when I think about breaking down on a major highway, and especially going to the funeral with my Mom and how hard that would be on her, I cringe.  But here I am thankful that God protects us. 

In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1Th. 5:18
always giving thanks for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Ep. 5:20
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which you also are called in one body, and be thankful. Cl. 3:15
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. Php. 4:6

Perspective on the some of the bad things.
       I’ve heard it said that you don’t have to be thankful for the bad things but be thankful for the God who helps you through the bad things.  Truth is, I am thankful for both.  There have been far too many bad things in my life, that have caused wonderful things to come out of it, for me to not be thankful.  Also, I have certainly learned that God remains with me through ALL the good and bad and His peace endures through it all now that I’ve finally learned to surrender.

       So thanks Lord for the alternator going.  I am surely grateful on the timing of its demise, but I also know you will use something about the situation for Your glory.  Perhaps the contact with the mechanic or his wife.  Perhaps the tow truck driver.  Perhaps the smiles to the customers while waiting in the gas station or talking to the workers.  Whatever it is Lord, I just know You will use it for Your glory… and I thank You for that.

      Whatever You want, I want.  Whatever You can use, use.  I’m all in now.
      Thank You for loving me so much that You’ve never given up on me.
I’m so thankful!