and the One who walks with me on it.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Quiet Mornings

        One of the things I enjoy most about being out at the cottage is the quiet mornings- mostly because I am usually up earlier than a lot of people. Typically, I go out and jog or ride my bike, then come back and stretch while looking out at the bay. It is beautiful here and I could certainly spend my life in a place like this! After I finish stretching I like to go perch on top of a big rock at the end of a ‘rock peninsula’ and spend some time with the Lord. There is no quieter place at that time of the morning. The sun is just starting to warm up the surroundings and it heats up my back as I relax before the Lord.

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. Ps. 63:1,2
With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: Is. 26:9

        What better way to start the day than in the presence of Almighty God- the One who keeps the universe in motion. After all, if He can do that, He can surely help me with all the daily issues I face, so it is the best way for me to embark on a new day. Out here at the cottage, it is so much easier to remain undisturbed: no service for cell phones, no internet, and a phone that could be unplugged although no one calls me early enough to worry about :-). It is much more difficult back home to have the same quiet mornings, and there is far too much in my own house that distracts me.

        Still, I think I need to go home and re-order my mornings, or at least figure out how I can have those early quiet times with the Lord in order to start my day properly- in the presence of the Lord. After all, it is in Him I find my peace and joy, so how will I have any peace and joy in my day if I don’t start it: with and in, Him. It will get difficult when the kids start school again, but I’m sure I can work it out with a little bit of effort.

        Quiet early mornings with the Lord...

               Better than coffee

                      in my opinion anyway!!!