and the One who walks with me on it.

Thursday, August 09, 2012

Soaring in the Wind

        The wind whistled through the crack in the screen door as I sat eating my breakfast and staring out the cottage window at the overcast sky. What happened to the warm weather? The waves had whitecaps due to the windy conditions, and I enjoyed watching the rocks get splashed by them. Up in the sky above the bay, a seagull soared, and he seemed to hover in one area for a longer time than normal. The wind was so strong I wondered if he was struggling or if he was just playing around and having fun.


        Sometimes I wish I were an eagle soaring high above the treetops. I imagine myself flying high above the yuckies in this life: troubles, pollution, irritations and responsibilities. From such an elevated a position I don’t think you can even see all the troublesome details of life. But sooner or later you have to fly down toward the earth to find food for your body. You also have to return to your nest to feed the babies if you have them, or build a nest for your mate. Work is never done, most especially in the animal kingdom.


(Jehovah) He gives power to the tired and worn out, and strength to the weak. Even the youths shall be exhausted, and the young men will all give up. But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Is. 40:29-31 TLB

        The Creator is the only One who never grows faint or weary (v.28). Now in midlife I am finding my energy levels are far below what they were when I was a teen, though I still know some 70+ whose energy levels far surpass my own. Still, I have seen youth so exhausted they have to stop and give up completing their work, just like us old codgers- lol. But, since God is all powerful (Rev. 19:6), He is able to give vigor to the tired and strength to the weak no matter our age. And I find the more I draw near to God, the more I feel like I am soaring over life’s troubles.

        So, we who expectantly wait, or patiently look for the Lord will renew our strength. We will walk without fainting, run without getting tired, and best of all (imo), we will soar with wings like eagles, high in the sky. The wind (of the Holy Spirit) will cause us to ride on the currents of air letting our wings take us higher and higher above all the little details of life. Oh how exciting life is when we allow the Holy Spirit to direct our flight in life.

Precious Lord, help us all to soar with the help of Your Spirit in our lives!