and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Open the Door

        Are you any man (any person)? I am. There is a great pictorial scripture in Revelation of Jesus standing at the door knocking to come in. Since a door is the gateway into a person’s home, then it could be said that Jesus is knocking at the door to our earthly home (our whole selves) and He wants to come into our lives.

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Rev. 3:20

        What a precious promise. If we hear His voice and we open the door for Him, Jesus will come in to us and sup with us. The meaning is that of the main meal of the day, and unlike our rushed meals of today where people run in and out or gulp down food to get to the next event, in olden days it was a place of close association and communication- even the meal itself would take a while.

        Like I’ve often heard, Jesus is a gentleman; He’s not going to force His way into our lives. In like manner, He won’t break down the door of our home we’ve got to let Him in by our own decision. Just think of it like this: Early this morning when you woke up, Jesus started knocking on your door with hope that you would open it for Him. If you didn’t have time, He’s patiently waiting and knocking until you do. “I am standing at the door and knocking.” ISV

        Do you believe Jesus is worthy of coming into your home? If you do, open the door of faith (Ac. 14:27) to your heart today “…To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart…” (Ps. 95:7,8; Heb. 3:7,15; 4:7) Don’t be stubborn and ignore the knocking as if He was a nuisance, but get up and open the door to Him, and He’ll change your life in incredible ways. I am not the same person I used to be, and the world is better off because of that.

Jesus is so worth it!

       Knock, Knock, Knock

               Let Me in please.”