and the One who walks with me on it.

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Unwelcome Visitor(s)

       The itching was so intense I couldn’t stand it anymore.  In my sleep induced haze I reached down with both hands and scratched away at my feet and legs.  In the back of my mind I knew this would only make it worse but I couldn’t stand it any longer.  Of course, the relief was extremely short lived, and so I scratched again and again until I woke up enough to deal with the problem appropriately.  I used Benadryl spray on the bites and a pill to help longer term, and went to sleep on the couch where I could put my legs and feet up and outside the covers to help.  Eventually I fell asleep again.

       It wasn’t until I woke up in the morning and remembered that I’d been fine before bed that I realized the bites could only come from spiders in my bed.  That meant laundering all the bedding and cleaning up.  With no access underneath our bedframe I had to pull/ unscrew it completely to vacuum all the pieces, put it back together, clean and vacuum the other parts of the room all to protect me from more bites.  It takes a lot of effort and time to accomplish this task, and I was exhausted by the time I was done.

       My feet and legs still itch like crazy today.  When I have to put on shoes it gets so intense it’s hardly tolerable.  Right now I am close to being desperate enough to scratch again, so I’ll have to- just a minute…  …okay, it’s minimally survivable again- spray them up again and hope for some relief.  What did I do to deserve such nasty visitors in the night?  Typically it takes over a week before spider bites stop irritating me.  Maybe I did something wrong…  why didn’t God protect me or tell me it was time to pull the bed apart again to clean?

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.  (Matt. ,45 KJV)

       Things just happen here on the earth, sometimes because it’s part of nature which we cannot control, sometimes because of Adam’s sin bringing death into the world (Rom. ), sometimes due to the enemy of God and man (Eph. ) and sometimes just because sinful men do sinful things.  If the sun shines here it shines on the ‘good’, the ‘bad’ and everyone in between.  If it rains here, it rains on the good, the ‘bad’ and the ‘tweens’.  Could God stop the sun or rain on any particular house or field?  Yep, if He wanted to for His own purpose, but generally good and bad happens to those ‘good’ and ‘bad’.  That’s life.

       So my unwelcome visitors are gone again, hopefully for a very loooooong time.  And I’m glad that if spiders will be there in heaven (I’m sure SOME people want them there) they won’t be biting me anymore.  I mean, logically if Heaven is my place of rest (Job ) and spider bites keep me from rest, then I won’t get bitten there!  Makes sense to me J !