and the One who walks with me on it.

Friday, September 02, 2011

Three Bears

       For over ten days I had traveled the back country trails near the cottage hoping I’d catch a glimpse of some bears.  Yes, I was by myself because no one else in my family is crazy enough to hit the all natural (bumpy, sandy, rocky) trails for hours like I wanted to.  I’m sure I scared all the bears off because my bicycle rattles so much they probably heard me a mile away.  So my hope remained unfulfilled.

       We had tried to go to the ‘best fish and chips’ place on the Monday after we arrived only to find it is closed on Mondays.  By the time we could try again, it was nine days later!  We left earlier than I would have liked for supper, we took a wrong turn once, got to the place before the crowds that showed up on our tails, and ate our delicious meal.  I decided to drive the others around to see the area (‘cause I’d biked it so much), but first we drove to a town we hadn’t seen.


       Later on our drive, Amy insisted we travel a particular road and half way down we were looking for a place to turn around when, 30 feet in front of the car, was a bear sauntering across the road.  We stopped to watch and saw two cubs following the momma.  Tears started to fall as I realized all the individual events and timing (most I don’t have written here) that had to fall into place for me to finally see some bears.

       My God allowed me the pleasure of seeing his beautiful creatures in their own environment.  We watched as momma ate some berries growing at the side of the road, and they all scuttled off.  My heart was pounding in my chest and I had to wipe my eyes so I could see to drive.

        How do I know that my God loves me?  Because He sent His only Son to die for my sins so that I could have new life in Him.  How do I know He cares about me?  Because He meets with me whenever I want and spends time with me so I can know Him more.  How do I know I am precious to Him?  Because He continues to bless me in ways I cannot imagine just like the exact timing to allow me to see my bears.


       How awesome, loving and personal a God we have, who goes beyond all our minds can conceive to be the greatest Father we could ever have.  Lord, we love You and praise You for who You are.  Thanks for loving us so much!