and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Healing Testimony

       It was a quiet Friday morning and I was face down in the company of my Beloved One enjoying His peaceful presence.  I stopped singing to listen for His voice, and heard Him whisper, “I am healing you; just rest.”  Being a logical minded person, I began to question which part He was healing, this, or that, or the other, etc. or perhaps all my ailments… and then I realized I just needed to accept what He said so I continued, “Okay”, laid my head on my arms and fell asleep.

       Three hours later I woke up, and for the first time in my life, I breathed deeply.  The sensation of full lung expansion is amazing when you’ve never felt it before. Now, this requires some clarification.  I have never been diagnosed with a lung problem other than allergies, so I didn’t even know I had a problem.  As far back as I could remember I would consistently take five or six shallow breaths and then a deeper one at which time my lungs would feel like there were fingers gripping them at the side to keep them from expanding.  For me this was normal, so I never thought to seek help for it.

        As my lungs expanded fully for the first time, I began to cry at how wonderful it felt and I marveled at God’s brilliance for healing a part of me I didn’t know needed healing.  For the rest of the weekend I kept breathing deeply, each time tearing up, laughing, or thanking God.  A small part of me wondered if it would last, and another part wondered if anything else, like the allergies, would be helped.

       That was more than two months ago.  My nose still gets plugged with allergic reactions and I still struggle with all my other issues, but I can breathe!  Also, I finally understand what people mean when they say to sing from your diaphragm; before that never made sense to me.  And so I will continue to testify as to God’s healing in my life.

       What did I do to deserve His healing?  Let me be perfectly clear.  Absolutely nothing!  I didn’t pray (didn’t even know  it was a problem), I didn’t beg, I didn’t do great and mighty acts for Him, I don’t even know if I’m always in His will and I still act selfishly with my time sometimes.  There are no secret words to speak or steps to take and I don’t have outstanding faith.  It was simply that God in His sovereignty chose to heal my lungs that day- and I am forever grateful.

       I will testify of God’s healing every chance I get.  Though I have no proof, yet I will not remain silent.  Still, more important to me than giving testimony of my healing is to testify what I consider to be the greater miracle. 

That the Creator of the universe wants to meet with us every day;
He wants to hear us and wants us to hear His voice. 
He wants to spend time with us and He wants to be with us...
because He loves us so much. 

That, to me, is more precious than life…

…or breath itself.