and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, June 08, 2014

Exhausted

       Well, my four days of volunteering at our town festival are over.  For the most part, it was a very successful festival and there were lots of patrons there.  The weather couldn't have been better except for a few hours this morning.  I was trying to write my post for today but my eyes are closing as I type so I need to go get some sleep.  This will be relatively quick.

       Last year after the festival I ended up with heat exhaustion (perhaps heat stroke in hindsight) and it was a miserable couple months after dealing with a myriad of physical problems.  This year I am grateful to just be tired and a little frustrated at some administrative stuff.  Overall, it was good, but God is better and I think if He was in the hearts of most of the people- workers and patrons- things would have been far more relaxing and fun.  It will be interesting to participate in festivals in the new heaven and earth- they should be tons of fun.  I'm hoping for some really cool roller coasters- ones that won't cost a cent.

       Okay, so my mind is wandering a bit...  But all is good because God is good and His strength helped me through all the craziness of the weekend.  Plus, His presence is worth more than, well, everything and He reminded me in all the busyness that this was the case.  For that I am so grateful.  To Him I am so grateful.

...Blessing and glory and wisdom
and thanksgiving and honor and power and might
be to our God forever and ever. Amen.
Rv. 7:10