and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, June 07, 2014

Fabulous Day

       This is one (4 day) weekend of the year that I am very busy, usually lose 5 to 8 pounds, come and go with no schedule and generally overall work hard, especially trying to keep my frustration in check.  Oh yes, did I mention I volunteer at the town festival?  It is actually a quarter to one (a.m.) as I type this but I’m not tired yet so I am doing a load of laundry (no clean t-shirts for tomorrow) and I want to tell you what a fabulous day I had… officially (now) yesterday.

       Woke up late (7am), drove my son to the city bus stop, got home, ran 5 k, stretched, ate, cleaned up, walked with the neighbour and came home to find my husband mysteriously gone.  He’s on midnights so he should have been sleeping.  I did a tiny bit of reading, and was meditating on it a little when the phone rang.  Hubby had brought our newly adopted (in heart) son to get his locks redone for his prom tonight.  He was calling because the van wouldn’t start.  We just bought it ‘new to us’ in April as well as replacing the car, so I thought, thank You Lord that Albert is on midnights and this didn’t happen at work or on a worse shift.

       Called my mechanic friend who was kind enough to go check it out.  Off I went to meet them, they towed the car to the mechanic’s and I picked up hubby and drove the half hour home so he could sleep.  Went back to pick up son getting hair done and needed twenty more minutes, so I went to pick up other son at school- and back to the hair salon again.  Drove them both home got my stuff for the festival ready, did some research about the election today, wrote it down for my daughter to read on her way to her first vote.  Finally I rode my bicycle (had to leave the car at home for hubby to pick up daughter) to the festival two hours late because of all the driving.

       The day was long, the printed schedule was wrong in many places so it was difficult giving out information requested at the info booth.  Yep, that’s my job.  But they don’t give us the information we need to have so I run around finding it all day and take care of my aunt who is a faithful volunteer but can’t get around anymore.  I should have been done at 11pm but couldn’t leave until 11:45 due to hold ups.  But hey, laundry is done and hung up, and I’m starting to get tired.  That’s a good thing!

This is me soon... night, night!
       So the day was busy but the weather was great.  The running around was tiring, but I am so very grateful to have such interesting and bright, healthy kids and a hubby worth running around for.  So glad that only one car is down; there is another one working and just lately we had none and had to pay for a loaner.  REALLY, REALLY glad I didn’t have a 2 ½ hour appointment while someone yanked and pulled my hair to fix the locks.  There were lots of misunderstandings but also lots of laughs.  And I’m happy I will finally have more than one shirt to wear. 

My body is exhausted from the busy day but overall it was fabulous!


This is the day which Jehovah has made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Ps. 118:24

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above
and comes down from the Father of lights,
with whom is no variableness nor shadow of turning.
Jm. 1:17

Oh give thanks to Jehovah; for He is good;
for His mercy endures forever.
Ps. 136:1