and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

By the Light of the Moon

       Walking on a warm-ish night is a peaceful experience.  No matter where I traveled in North America, I like to take the opportunity to stretch my legs and relax into the night.  When there is a new moon and the sky is dark I like to see some form of light around, even if it is distant street lights, but when it is a full moon it’s great to look up and enjoy that bright ball shining in the sky.  It reminds me of the Father’s love for me.  See, He is like the sun because there is light in Him that will shine brilliantly forever.  Nothing and no one can extinguish His light.  His Son Jesus is also called the Light.

Jehovah will be to you for everlasting light… Is. 60:19
Then Jesus spoke again to them, saying, I am the Light of the world… Jh. 8:12
As long as I am in the world, I am the Light of the world. Jh. 9:5

       Jesus came into the world in mortal body and while He was here He shone the light of God into this dark, sinful world (Jh. 1:5).  During the Sermon on the Mount, He said to His disciples, “You are the light of the world…” (Mt. 5:14) which in my mind, we become transformed into His image as the light when we start following Him.  “But we all, with our face having been unveiled, having beheld the glory of the Lord as in a mirror, are being changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Lord Spirit.(2Cr. 3:18)  So we are like the moon, reflecting the light of the sun (Son) on our surface.

We shine like this:



But underneath the reflection of God’s light on us we look like this:



(Photo taken with Nikon P600 by me June 12, 2014.  I increased focus (using software) to show more details.)
Notice the potmarks, craters, and lines made from moving debris, etc...  
Kind of what life does to us.


Sometimes the world or other things tries to block our light, but those clouds will eventually move, and our light will shine bright once again: