and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, May 06, 2014

It’s been a long wait…

Bought My New Camera

My old Nikon- held together by an elastic
       It’s been a few years that my old 4 MP Nikon (from 2002) has been struggling with issues.  I knew it needed to be replaced but wanted particular features that were not yet available in digital point and shoot.  I decided then to start saving for a new camera.  Then in 2012 the Nikon Coolpix 510 was released.  All money given to me for birthdays, other events, dividend checks and Christmas was put in our savings in anticipation of the buy.  Later that year, Canon came out with the Powershot S50x.

Did I mind going without bigger gifts for a few years?  No.  With my eye on the prize of a new camera, all was good!

       Since then I have vacillated between the two cameras for their features, sure of this one then that one.  Eventually a couple other long zooms came out making it worse.  I had enough money, but which would I choose?  Well, the Nikon Coolpix P600 60x zoom was just released- sports and macro mode included.  With enough money I went in and made the purchase this morning.

       Wanting to understand the camera so I can utilize all its features and take high quality photos, I began to pour over the manual I had to download- over 200 pages worth.  I did skip parts that flew right over my head, began to understand some technical terms that I never have before, and am practicing other techniques one at a time as I learn more in review of the manual.  It got a little frustrating a few times, and I had to search out information to help me understand some of the terminology and ideas, but overall, the manual seems quite complete.

       Many have said the Bible is a manual for living life.  I believe it to be true for the more we live as the Bible says we should, the more we live life abundantly (Jh. 10:10).  I’ve been reading (not always faithfully) that manual for years and am still working on understanding parts of it. 


       It used to get frustrating when I didn’t understand parts, but now I’m okay waiting for the Lord to reveal those parts to me.  There are parts I still tend to ignore like the long lists of names and numbers.  And as with the camera, I find that when I put into practice the things I learn in it, those things seem to stick in my mind and heart better.  Sometimes I need other resources (like dictionaries) to help me understand the Bible.

       My son once asked me why I read and studied the Bible so often.  I said because I enjoy it and it contains the Word of Life.  Maybe this wasn’t always true of my reading, but it sure is now.  I cannot fathom a world without my Bible for in Its words God is revealed by His Spirit.  Thank God for the greatest Life manual of all time!

For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword… Hb. 4:12
for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God. 1Cr. 2:10
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of Life, 1Jh. 1:1
Therefore putting aside all filthiness and overflowing of evil, receive in meekness the implanted Word, which is able to save your souls. Jm. 1:21
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Jh. 1:1
that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection… Php. 3:10
but let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me,… Jr. 9:24


Here's some of the pics I took today- remember, I'm an amateur!