and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, May 04, 2014

A Most Horrifying Thought

       When I was a teen (the earliest years I remember) the most horrifying thought to me would have been to never have children.  Later, after watching a movie about fires, I though the most horrifying thing would be to burn to death, especially if you knew it was coming and there was no escape.  As an adult before marriage it was that I would die without knowing what it would be like to be with a man intimately.  After we adopted our daughter it was always related to her health or possibility of her death.  Why do we ever think such awful thoughts?

        Today, thanks to my pastor, a new most horrifying thought was presented.  What if every Bible everywhere instantly disappeared…  I don’t remember the rest of what he said because that first part alone freaked me out.  Yes I read it, study it, meditate on it, but years ago I stopped trying to memorize it because nothing stuck.  Even if I worked on one verse for over a month…  Short term memory issues…

       So to think I would lose that connection to God- through His Word- just horrifies me.  Perhaps He would heal my mind so I could remember.  Perhaps He’d pop passages into my mind when I need them (which He sometimes does).  Perhaps I’d just have to live with what I remember right now which is precious little imo.  Oh Lord, please don’t EVER let that all the Bibles disappear unless I’m home with You first!

The grass withers, the flower fades; but the Word of our God shall stand forever. Is. 40:8
Forever, O Jehovah, Your Word is settled in the heavens. Ps. 119:89
The heaven and the earth shall pass away, but My Words shall not pass away. Lk. 21:33
For truly I say to you, Till the heaven and the earth pass away, not one jot or one tittle shall in any way pass from the Law until all is fulfilled. Mt. 5:18
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Jh. 1:1
having been born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the living Word of God, and abiding forever. 1Pt. 1:23


I guess as long as God still exists, so does His Word.
Praise the Lord!!!