and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tired of the Façade



       ‘How are you?’  ‘Good. Wonderful. Blessed. Great.’  Trite sayings many say far too often when the truth is nowhere near what we speak.  Maybe we’re saying it by faith? Hmmm.  Would God ever want us to lie as part of our faith?  That is hard to believe.  We can make all kinds of excuses for why we answer dishonestly including believing the person doesn’t really want to know or we don’t want to bother them with our troubles, but the truth is, it is deception, and deception is a part of the enemy’s kingdom, not God’s.

The Devil is a liar and the father of it. Jh. 8:44
Do notdeceive with your lips. Pr. 24:28

       Today I saw a man that holds a ‘higher’ position in the Christian realm who was trying very hard to be the happy, friendly, open, welcoming man people expect him to be- and kudos for even trying to meet people’s expectations, but I felt sad that he couldn’t just be himself.  I believe he is a welcoming and friendly person, but it was like he was putting on this façade that was covering his true self. 

       This is one of the things that bothers me most in Christian circles; the need to cover up who we really are.  So what if I’m a girl who likes shopping for power tools but not clothes, hates cooking but likes fixing things, would rather be up to my armpits in engine oil than primping, I am who I am and God made me with the personality I have.  Some people like it, others don’t.  I’m okay with that.  Overall, I just wish we could accept people for who they are.  (No, we don’t have to accept bad behaviour though.)

       Let us all rip off the masks and start being ourselves in all settings within God’s standard of love.  ‘How are you?’ ‘Shitty,  How are you?’  Imagine the genuine care and concern we can show when we know how someone is really doing.  I wish we could all ‘just be ourselves’.  Jesus didn’t have to wear a mask, He was real, genuine, truly loving, and aren’t we supposed to try to be like Him?

       Understand this about me:  I will love you always.  If you are born again, I will love you as my family.  If you aren’t born again I will love you because you are created by my Father and therefore worthy of love and respect.  If you are funny, happy, spunky, friendly, loving, bighearted, kind and integrious, I will love you, and if you are boring, miserable, never engaging, cold, untrusting, grumpy, unreceptive and disintegrious I will love you.  Whether you are these often or rarely, I will love you.  Just as you are.

Just be yourself because that is the person I want to know.

To the pure all things are pure… Tt. 1:15
The integrity of the upright shall guide them… Pr. 11:3
Do not lie to one another, having put off the old man with his deeds Cl. 3:9
Therefore putting away lying, let each man speak truth with his neighbor, for we are members of one another. Ep. 4:25