and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, February 17, 2014

My Rock and Inheritance



       When I find a song that I think fits my relationship with the Lord, it becomes one of our songs- regardless of whether or not it is a Christian song or even a moral artist singing.  As far as I’m concerned, music and singing originated in God.  So there is a particular love song of Miley Cyrus’ that hits the chords just right.  If you read all the words you could see there is no way a human could ever fulfill them- only God could.  Here’s the part my heart is crying out today, from “I Look at You”:

When the world is falling apart
When there is no light to break up the dark
That’s when I (I, I) I look at You
When the waves are flooding the shore
And I can’t find my way home anymore
That’s when I (I, I) I look at You


       Since Jan. 23 I have had four people I know die.  Today a 16 year blood relative died, misdiagnosed from hospital.  I had to go upstairs, hug my 17 and 18 year old, inform them they can’t die on me, and then go downstairs, furious at the enemy that kills and destroys.  I politely asked God to send a scud missile up the devil’s backside… okay, maybe not completely polite…  But I’ve never been such a deeply intense mixture of sad and angry before that I couldn’t do anything but look to the Author and Finisher of my faith (Hb. 12:2).

There isn’t any more I can say today other than I continue to repeat the last line from these Scriptures which brings me comfort:

Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Ps. 73:25, 26

strength- rock, boulder
portion- allotment, inheritance, share, possession,

Thank You Lord for being my Rock in these times and my Portion- forever.
Oh what a comfort You are!