and the One who walks with me on it.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sochi: Women’s Hockey


Way to go team Canada!!!

       These numbers are from a later news source as I came in late to the game.  Hockey is played in three 20 min. periods.  Team USA was ahead by two goals deep into the third period.  With 31/2 min. left, team Canada scored their first goal.  Then with 55 min. left in the period, a second goal to tie the score was achieved.  That sent the game into overtime (10 min. timed) at which point I came home and watched what was left.  At 8:10 in overtime, the Canadian team scored the gold winning goal for a 3-2 victory.

       One teacher turned the tv off about a minute before the first Canadian goal since ‘nothing was happening’.  Many people were giving up hope for the gold while watching the 2-0 score for most of three periods.  But there were 15-20 women that did not give up.  They pushed and pushed, fighting through tiredness, disappointment and pain (one girl had a broken hand) to achieve a worthy victory.

       Though the Savior will rule one day and victory is ahead of us, life is often difficult and we struggle to keep going.  How long do you keep going when it seems like nothing is happening; like all your efforts are in vain; like your dream will just not happen?  Our struggles usually last more than an hour and a bit, but the stress and fight to keep your mind focused and in the game are probably much the same.

God our strength:
Seek Jehovah and His strength… 1Ch. 16:11
Jehovah is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Ps. 27:1
Finally, my brothers, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Ep. 6:10
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Php. 4:13
In the day when I cried You answered me and made me bold with strength in my soul. Ps. 138:3

Stay the course:
I have set Jehovah always before Me; because He is at My right hand, I shall not be moved. Ps. 16:8
But we should not lose heart in well-doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not faint. Gl. 6:9
So that, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not without fruit in the Lord. 1Cr. 15:58
Do you not know that those running in a race all run, but one receives the prize? So run, that you may obtain. 1Cr. 9:24
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith. 2Tm. 4:7

Wait on the Lord:
but those who wait on Jehovah shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Is. 40:31
Hope in Jehovah; be of good courage, and He shall make your heart strong; yea, hope in Jehovah. Ps. 27:14
Therefore I will look to Jehovah; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me! Mc. 7:7