and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

So....

       At this moment I am seriously doubting I had heat exhaustion last Sunday.  I've been running a low grade fever since Thursday evening, it ran between 99 to 101.7 most of yesterday, and today hit a high of 102.1.  I feel really fatigued, weak and still struggling to breath.  That means tomorrow I hit up a clinic again to try and find out what's going on.  At this time it is difficult to even read, which is leaving me feeling desperate for the Word.  And I don't mean to brag or anything, but I usually jog 5 km- 6 days a week, walk with my neighbour 3 days, and ride my bike as much as possible.  So it is with great consternation that I get breathless walking 15 feet or up 5 stairs.
 
       Anyway, I don't know how long this typing will last, but we'll see.  You'd think I'd get whiny or blame God for not healing me when I want it, but I guess I've finally learned better.  Instead I thank God for reminding me how precious breath is, for the energy I usually have and a feeling of general wellness, plus it's good to be reminded how difficult it is to be in His presence when you feel so yucky so I have more compassion for others.
 
       I thank God that I can still eat, walk to the bathroom on my own, and get up to raid the ice cream!  I am thankful for a husband who understands, kids who help and a comfortable enough place to sleep.  So maybe I'm not hearing God so well at the moment, and I would definitely like to be 100% better, but God is still God and He is on the throne of my heart whether or not I can bow my knee, and worship with my voice or I do just what I am able.
 
      Be still, and know that I am God! I will be praised among the nations, I will be praised in the earth. 
      Ps. 46:10
 
       One thing is sure.  Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever (Heb. 13:8).  I know He remains with me through this, His grace is sufficient (2Cor. 12:9), and His mercy never fails (Lm. 3:22,23) for it is new every morning.  Our God is an awesome God, and how I feel DOES NOT change that.  Just so you remember- my writing may be spotty until I am better.  Have a wonderful Father's Day tomorrow, and God bless you with His presence.
 
 
      Jehovah is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? Jehovah is the strength of my life; of whom
      shall I be afraid?  Ps.27:1
      Do not fear; for I am with you; be not dismayed; for I am your God. I will make you strong; yes, I will
      help you; yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of My righteousness.  Is. 41:10