and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Yum… Rice Cakes

 
       Bet you’re saying, ya, okay (with head shaking), who in their right mind actually enjoys rice cakes.  After all, it’s like eating puffed wheat with a little bit of sugar on it; dull, dull, dull.  I used to be one of those people but after wheat decided it didn’t like me anymore as proven by very terrible (and stinky) effects, I have changed my mind.  They aren’t so bad after all, and if you get the right flavour, they are actually tasty.  In fact, I just polished off three of them as part of my lunch.  Eating them is like living in a make believe world where I can eat bread again!!!

      Our perceptions change over time and circumstances.  When I could eat anything I wanted, warm bread slathered in melted butter was appealing, but with the repercussions of that meal, it not longer interests me.  Before I was born again into Christianity, I would have thought Christians were either fanatics or sourpusses.  It didn’t seem like there were any in betweens.  After being born again, I remember an unbeliever saying Christians don’t have any fun.  At first I was insulted because I had a lot of fun, but then I was a teen.  When I considered the adults, I had to confess that a lot of them didn’t seem to enjoy life.  Ah the perceptions of a teenager!

       Lately, I’ve been thinking back on my own life and how it has changed.  First I believed Christians were dull like rice cakes, and after salvation I thought unbelievers were really like them, but in the end I see that I am the rice cake.  Some people perceive my life as boring, but to me, it is the most exciting time of my life.  My family is relatively healthy and I love them dearly.  I have never felt so good about who I am, who I will be, what God has done, what He continues to do and will do in me.  I feel alive like I never have before and every morning fresh joy and peace fill my heart.

       Does it sound like I am one of those fake- happy all the time people?  Oh, my life is not perfect at all.  Come on, I have two teens right now- enough said on that!  Hubby and I have our relational ups and downs, we both have health issues, our house and vehicles fall apart, just finished 3 ½ years lay off and still getting back on our feet, a mom who needs help, more driving than I like, etc.  Friday brought a dead battery (a call to CAA and waiting time) which meant I had to go home instead of to the store I needed to get to- so I couldn’t buy a particular gift- which meant I had to go out Saturday to complete the shopping- which normally irritates me because it’s a waste of gas when I should have been able to pick it up on Friday!!!

Come... follow Me!
       How can I feel so alive and have joy and peace when so many things fall apart?  One word- nope- one man- Jesus.  He has changed me forever, for in Him is life- abundant life, eternal hope, joy and peace unending, and always- amazing love.  The Lord has delivered me from bondage once again, and “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.(Jh. 8:36)  When I was a teen, I hated life, but now in my 40’s with more fullness in Christ than I ever imagined, I love life and I love the Lord.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.  Jh. 14:6
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die 
Jh. 11:25,26
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  Jh. 3:16
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  Jh. 14:27
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.  Ps. 16:11
(Nothing) shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Rom. 8:39

       So call me a rice cake, a fruit cake, or anything else you like, just come join me on the greatest adventure of all- life in the Lord Jesus Christ
amazing, miraculous, abundant life!


I am come that they might have life,
and that they might have it more abundantly.
Jh. 10:10