and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Skipping Out


       In grade school I always tried to get perfect attendance.  In fact, during the winter of my grade 8 year, we were up in Toronto and I made my dad drive us home (3 hours away) in a blizzard, six of us jammed in a little Acadian because I didn’t want to miss one day and the second car broke down.  High school started after graduation and there were rotating classes.  I was heavily involved in the yearbook (for all four years) so sometimes during classes I would need to leave for yearbook duties.  There was only one time, probably grade 11, that I illegitimately skipped classes, and that was to help a friend in crisis.

       The funny thing was that I was never caught by the staff.  One teacher was told I was on a trip, another assumed I was doing yearbook stuff, and another teacher was told I was working on the yearbook, so none of the teachers, who’s classes I missed, wrote me up.  Honestly, I was usually a good kid and followed the rules, so I’m sure that played into it somewhere, but it still surprised me- I thought for sure I’d get a detention and in trouble with my parents!

       The reason I’m posting about skipping out is because I am today.  There are some things in life that are okay to skip out of.  There are some that are not, and the biggest of them all is salvation because our very lives depend on it.  We must be saved or we will be eternally lost (Heb. 6:1,2).  So, don’t skip out of giving your life to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords- Jesus Christ, for there is salvation only in Him (Jh. 14:6).  He died to deliver you from death to life (Jh. 5:24)- a life in Him that can be rich and full (Jh. 10:10).  And even though He’s already paid the price by dying on the cross for each of us (1Pt. 2:24), there is something wonderful for us that He doesn’t do:

   He never skips out on us!!!


I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Heb. 13:5, Dt. 31:6

God is not a man, that he should lie
Nm. 23:19