and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

If Jesus were here…

       I’m just wondering what Jesus would think of how we live our lives today if He were walking the earth in human form again.  If He walked with us through our day, what would He think of all we do and say, and how we live?  What would He think about the things we see, the things we listen to, the attitudes we have and of society in general, and how we treat each other?  What would Jesus think about our relationship with the Father, and His place in our lives?  He lived in human flesh as we do so how did He live with the Father, and what exactly did He expect of us in regard to this?

John 17 (ISV):
"I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their message, v.20 (that’s us!)

that they may all be one. Just as you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be one in us, so that the world may believe that you sent me.  I have given them the glory that you gave me, so that they may be one, just as we are one. v.21,22 (how Jesus lived with the Father) (how we may live with the Father)

I am in them, and you are in me. May they be completely one, so that the world may know that you sent me and that you have loved them as you loved me. v.23 (Father loves us as He loved Jesus)

Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am and to see my glory, which you gave me because you loved me before the creation of the world. "Righteous Father, the world has never known you. Yet I have known* you, and these men have known that you sent me. v.24,25 (Jesus knew the Father and wanted us to be with Him)

I made your name known to them, and will continue to make it known, so that the love you have for me may be in them and I myself may be in them."  v.26 (God’s love and Christ in us- that’s intimate!)



*have known- be aware (of), feel, (have) known (-ledge),
  perceive, be resolved, can speak, be sure, understand