and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, February 13, 2012

…Not By Sight

ravidreams
        I am hoping this will be an encouragement to keep actively pushing closer to the Lord in your own life.  Our journeys are difficult and full of trials and sorrows, but there is a place we can find in Him, not where we are free of those trials and sorrows, but where we are confident He is with us in them, He will bring us through them, and He will strengthen our character because of them in whatever way is needed.

       There is a place of peace, joy and love in Him that supersedes the emotional turmoil during difficult times and which we can find in Him alone.  Right now, I have never been more ‘there’ yet I do not say it is fully achieved because I am still growing and learning… and trying to get closer to the Lord more than ever before.  Let me explain:

What I see with my eyes right now:
       My body aches, other health problems, our finances (due to layoff and health) have not been worse, conflict at home and with extended family, house and vehicle are old- needing maintenance and repairs, struggling relationships with teenage kids, and all the other troubles I face daily.

How much any of the above worries me:
None to not much.

Why?
Great faith?
Bad memory?
It’s not as bad as I’m making it out to be?
I'm just crazy?

Real Answer:
None of the above.
       It is simply this.  Everything I have been through on my journey has caused me to become the person I am today.  Every trial and sorrow has changed me in negative and positive ways. (Hopefully more the second one. J ) Through all the difficulties I have been through I have learned and know deep in my heart: God loves me, wants His best for me and always works to that end whether or not I see or believe it. (Rom. )

       So I trust Him more completely than ever.  (It took me years to really trust the Lord again after He ‘let me down’ during my trials by not responding the way I wanted Him to.)  Yet, here I am facing many difficult problems yet feeling His peace, joy and love, doing what I can and not worrying about the rest- and so very thankful to my Lord for everything that has brought me to this place in Him.  That is not great faith to me… that is simple faith: not believing that great things will be done, but believing in the One who actively does great things (Ps. 126:3) in my life every day… no matter what I see with my eyes.

(For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 2Cor. 5:7 
But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. Rom.
For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Eph.
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy… Ps. 16:11
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress… (that nothing) shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Rom. 8:35-39