and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

True Beauty

       I’ve seen the East Coast with its rolling hills, and red rock shores, rugged terrain and inland lakes.  I’ve gazed at the calm of the rolling plains with white clouds floating among the blue canvas sky.  I’ve stared in awe at the majestic Rockies thrusting forth out of the crust of the earth, and seen cities nestled in green hollows on the ground from the mountain tops.

       I’ve observed waves breaking over the red slate shores, coloured rock bursting through the evergreen tree lines.  In the hills of the badlands I’ve followed striations of colour and in parks I’ve walked through ‘waves’ of sand beside the coast.  Throughout North America I’ve seen unique and stunning formations in caves so deep few men had seen.

       I’ve witnessed true exquisiteness in my daughter’s face the first time I held her delicate body in my shaking arms.  And when her tiny fingers curled around my finger, my heart nearly burst out of my chest.  Still, it took her first precious genuine smile, joy dancing as light in her eyes, to cause the tears to start flowing at such loveliness as I’d never seen.

       Such beauty You have created oh God, such beauty as I have seen.  My words will never describe it well enough.  The wonders of this universe, so immense and magnificent to behold, only pale to a mere sliver of a shadow when compared to Your glorious splendor.

I’ve never seen anyplace or anyone more beautiful than You!