and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, August 31, 2015

Quotes from Leonard Ravenhill


     I just 'discovered' this preacher of old who was born near the turn of the twentieth century and died in the nineties. Besides thinking similar in many ways, I really enjoyed some of his thought provoking quotes- so I thought I'd share some of them.

Take some time to ponder each one.



Entertainment is the devil’s substitute for joy.


The Church used to be a lifeboat rescuing the perishing. Now she is a cruise ship recruiting the promising.


A man who is intimate with God will never be intimidated by men.


How can you have a dead service with a living Christ?


Today’s church wants to be raptured from responsibility.

Are the things you are living for worth Christ dying for?


If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

Our condemnation is that we know how to live better than we are living.




www.leonard-ravenhill.com