and the One who walks with me on it.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Too Many Hurting...

I don't know about you, but every time I listen to a friend or even a stranger, I hear stories of pain, sickness and death.  It makes me think about what a struggle life is and how much better it is when we put our trust in the Lord God Almighty.  With that in mind I am reposting this for all of us in the midst of the struggle called life:

History Records...

        Go back far enough in history and you can find some very strong and powerful nations.  Nations that attempted to take over the known world: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome are just some of them.  They all became strong for a season, some of them longer than others, but ultimately, each one failed.  Trusting in a man- no matter how ‘powerful’, a man-made nation or power with all their strategies and plans only sets us up for failure.  This is the reason we are not supposed to put our trust in man, because ultimately, flawed men will always fail.

It is better to trust the Lord than to put confidence in men.  It is better to take refuge in him than in the mightiest king! Though all the nations of the world attack me, I will march out behind his banner and destroy them.  …They swarm around me like bees; they blaze against me like a roaring flame…  (Ps118:8-12a) TLB

       Sometimes in life we feel like we’re being beat up, crushed down, torn apart or burned up.  This life is difficult, full of sorrow and pain, and living is rarely easy.  With all the enemies surrounding him, David knew the pressures of life; he also knew that finding help with man was not the answer.  Man could not be trusted as they are always looking out for themselves first and foremost.  If you fit in to their plans, they may help you for a while, but ultimately, when you are no longer of help to them or are causing difficulties, they will drop you cold.  David found God to be fully reliable and One who would not fail him (Dt. 31:6; Heb. 13:5).

Jehovah is my strength and song, and He is my salvation.I shall not die, but live and declare the works of Jehovah. Ps. 118:14,17
When I am afraid I will trust in You. In God I will praise His Word; in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do to me.  Ps. 56:3,4

so that we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do to me."  Heb. 13:6 
I called on Jehovah in distress; Jehovah answered me, and set me in a large place. Jehovah is for me, I will not fear; what can man do to me?  Ps. 118:5,6

       Not only did David put his trust in God, but he found in the midst of battle, the Lord would be his strength (Ps. 28:7; 46:1; 81:1) and better yet song (Ps. 118:14; Ex. 15:2; Is. 12:2).  To be able to sing in the midst of a battle is showing peace and joy in the ‘heat’ of the pressure.  What a glorious thing it is to have our Lord be our strength and song when the weights of life bear down hard on us.  The Lord is on our side, and will help us.  Do I need to be afraid?  I shall not die for my life is eternally His.  My big, strong Dad is in charge and is standing right beside me! 


Do not fear; for I am with you; be not dismayed; for I am your God. I will make you strong; yes, I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of My righteousness.  
Is. 41:10