and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

An Emotional Time

       Our first child is leaving home in the hopes of a better opportunity to gain employment.  There certainly doesn’t seem to be much hope of a job if he stays here, but he is barely an adult; and I will miss seeing his face, talking to him, his creativity and his interesting sense of humour.  What do they call this emotion- bittersweet?  He needs to go and I want the best opportunities for him, but now that I am facing him leaving tomorrow, I struggle with sadness.

I will miss him...
Lo, children are the inheritance of Jehovah  Ps. 127:3
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Rm. 8:28

       There is so much that is helping me through this.  It was a good morning with the Lord both at home and at church (worship was great).  Another help is the Lord’s continuing words to me “Trust Me.  They are in My hands” while knowing the truth of that statement.  His sweet presence also comforts me and when I stop to think too much about the move and He quietly reminds me it will be okay.

Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding.  Pr. 3:5
You will make Me know the way of life; in Your presence is fullness of joys. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.  Ps. 16:11

       Tomorrow will be worse.  Even when I bring my kids somewhere to leave on a short trip, I usually cry just because I love them so much.  The last hour before the bus leaves will be killer, but I’m not worried because I know my Best Friend is coming with me to the terminal, He won’t leave me alone and with Him, I will make it through this and find my peace in Him.

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed* on You; because he trusts in You. Is. 26:3  *is: leaning, resting, supported by, braced
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Php. 4:6,7,13

Lord, I just want to say thank you for the blessing of my son whom you gave to me to raise.  I have often felt perhaps I wasn’t the best Mom, but then I remember You don’t make mistakes and You gave him to us knowing our strengths and weaknesses, knowing they would build in him what he needs for this world and Your kingdom.  Thank You so very much!  He has been a great blessing to me!