and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Bruised

       Most of the time I can find at least five to ten bruises on my body, typically on my legs.  Don’t know how I get them, probably carelessness (I rush around a lot)- or I’m just forgetting what I hit- but they are usually small.  For me, the colouring of my bruises go from yellowish green to purple in a couple days then back to yellowish green.

       A few days after the car accident in which I hit my head on the left eyebrow, my left top eyelid was bruised and puffy, not too horribly though.  It kind of reminded me of an old picture I have of me with two black eyes (bruised) from jumping out of my crib.  Oops!  Bruises are interesting things.  Some kind of trauma (contusion) happens to the body and it responds by breaking blood vessels under the skin. 

       There are very few people on this planet that haven’t been through some kind of trauma, and those personal traumas leave marks in our lives that don’t always go away as fast as a bruise.  Sometimes the bruising of our souls is so profound that it leaves a huge mark that everyone around us can see.  What do we do with our bruised and life battered lives?  We need to bring them to Jesus!

(about Jesus: Mt. 3:17; 12:18) A bruised reed He shall not break, and a smoking wick He shall not quench; He shall bring out judgment to truth. Is. 42:3 (also Mt. 12:20)
But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was bruised* for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was on Him; and with His stripes we ourselves are healed. Is. 53:5

       There is hope for our bruised and battered lives, and that hope is found in Jesus.  Hope in man is futile for man is bound to disappoint us (as we do others).  Hope in this life/ world will let us down almost every time.  But Jesus is always here for us (Mt. 28:20) even when times get tough (Is. 43:2).  Jesus will not fail us (Dt. 31;8) and every word will come to pass (Is. 55:11).  He has already paid the ultimate price for our healing- death on the cross.  He came for us, He lived for us, He died for us, He rose again that we might have new life.  In His words:


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, 
because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; 
he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, 
to preach deliverance to the captives, 
and recovering of sight to the blind, 
to set at liberty them that are bruised, 
                     Lk. 4:18 KJV


Praise You Jesus, King of Kings and Lord of Lords!!!


 *bruised: crushed, shattered, beat/ broken to pieces, destroyed, humbled, oppressed, smitten