and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, April 06, 2014

I Want to Run

       Lately it feels like I’m a baby again, having to take little baby steps of faith.  I do not really like it because what I really want to do is run- far and fast.  Get ‘er done.  Instead, I am learning how to walk by faith in a different way then I’m used to.  Of course, I know it’s the right thing to do as my actions still expose my spiritual immaturity to me.  If I were to run, I’d be falling all over, unable to see clearly the direction to go, wasting time, not discerning God’s will properly…  In other words, I’d make a big mess of things because I’m too impatient to wait.

       And God is right to make me wait.  Rather than do what I knew I should today, I wasted a few hours on a computer game that in the end got me nowhere in the kingdom of God.  It wasn’t what He wanted, and it really wasn’t what I wanted, but I was acting all spoiled at the lack of downtime I’ve had lately, so like a petulant child I ignored what I should and even wanted to do.  Now I just feel cranky.  Why do I do this to myself?

       My behaviour makes me think God chose the wrong person, but then I remember He doesn’t make mistakes.  I’m trying to keep in mind this is all training ground- me learning to walk in a new way of faith a little at a time, like I’ve never walked before.  It’s kind of scary ‘cause I don’t want to fall down and hurt myself, physically, mentally or embarrassingly.  And it’s also a little scary when you don’t see everything ahead of you.  It’s probably because I’d run if I did.

       I mean, if I had seen the horrible trials I would endure ahead of time, I would have run hard and fast the opposite way, yet in the end I am extremely grateful the Lord allowed me to go through them because they changed me, strengthened me, helped my understand the Lord, myself and the world more.  So here I am in this wonderful place with the Creator of the Universe, amazed everyday at how life has become so exciting.  Each day I wake up wondering what great things He has in store for me today.

       It is late and I need to go to bed. Here's the rest of my thoughts.

But the God of all grace, He calling us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a little, He will perfect, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. 1Pt. 5:10
And not only this, but we glory in afflictions also, knowing that afflictions work out patience, and patience works out experience, and experience works out hope. Rm. 5:3,4

Thank You Lord for each and every experience You gave me in the past and the ones I am in now.

 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 2Cr. 5:7 –faith in God and His Word, not by what we see.

Help me to trust You more completely so that I may do Your will as often as humanly possible without running ahead of You.  Thank You for continuing to work with me and for Your great patience with me.  Keep teaching me the things I need to know to do the work You have called me to do.

You are AWESOME God!