and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, November 04, 2013

Overwhelming

Me and the Lord...   I only wish it was this physically real!

       Sometimes our own lives are so busy or difficult that it becomes overwhelming, but today I am feeling overwhelmed from the struggles and needs of other people.  It just seems like there is too many needs, to many people to pray for and not enough time...  Really, I'd just rather not have to pray at all- if you know what I mean.

       I'd rather know that no one is jobless, hungry, homeless, friendless or alone.  I'd like to see everyone full of joy, life, love, hope and peace.  I'd like to have all sin, oppression, depression, hatred, grief, wickedness, corruption and every other nasty completely disappear from the universe.  I don't want to HAVE to pray because I want everything to be perfect for everyone right now!

So, what do you do when it gets overwhelming?

       Well, I'm heating up some water, putting on my pj's, pulling out my warm fuzzy blanket, (setting my alarm in case I fall asleep,) making myself a cocoa topped by a dab of whip cream and settling in on the couch with my favorite Bible and my Lord with intentions of being oblivious to anything but Him and me.  He is the only source of true peace and joy, and I know from past experience that He always sees me through these overwhelming times... when I run to Him.

Trust in Him at all times; you people, pour out your heart before Him; God is a hiding-place for us... Ps. 62:8
It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. Dt. 31:8 ESV
Let your steadfast love comfort me according to your promise to your servant. Ps. 119:76 ESV
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall rest under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of Jehovah, my refuge and my fortress; my God; in Him I will trust. Ps. 91:1,2
Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Mt. 11:28

Gotta go now...  May our Lord of glory shine in your life,

V