and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Letter to My Lord, My Love

   (or why I love the Lord...)
 
       You are my first true love and You will be my last.  There isn't anyone I want to be with more than You.  When I think about why that is, the only thing I can think of is that You exceed in all ways all the characteristics I want in the One I love.  There is no fault in You.  I have been angry at You, ignored You, been snotty, and sometimes just acted stupid or childish, yet Your love for me remains.
 
        There is a chorus to a song (by Avril Lavigne) that conveys an important part of how I feel when it comes to You:
 
You're so beautiful
But that's not why I love you
I'm not sure you know (okay, He does...)
That the reason I love you is you
Being you
Just you
Yeah the reason I love you
is all that we've been through
And that's why I love you

       To me, You are the most beautiful 'thing' to behold in all the universe, and the reason I love You is because of who You are.  Sure, it used to be more for what You did for me but that seems a thousand years ago; now it is because You are good, and only good.  You are honest, caring, compassionate, fair, just, righteous, holy, love what is pure and true, etc.  You are full of light, and life and love, and You go far beyond what our finite minds can comprehend.  You are an awesome and mighty God!
 
       And I am so very honoured that You choose to connect with me in terms of intimate family relations: brother, Father, husband, friend.  I am so very grateful that You choose to spend time with me, that You not only listen to me, but You, Lord, speak to me as well- in a variety of ways.  Incredible that the living, holy God that created the universe offers two-way communication with faith 'insignificant' challenged me.
 
       Just like many of my human relationships, You and I have been through a lot together, and though I didn't always believe it, You were there every step of every struggle and grief.  You helped me keep it together long enough to survive, and these last few years You have shown me the way of 'perfect peace' (Is. 26:3), fullness of joy (Ps. 16:11), and You even helped me trust You again.  You are all I want and all I need. 
 
       Thank You.
 
       Forever Yours,
       Vicky
 
Honor and majesty are [found] in His presence;
strength and joy are [found] in His sanctuary.
1Ch. 16:27 AMP