and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

In My Mind

       We just had another conflict, and I was the one more at fault since I allowed my boundaries to be crossed without stopping it.  Because of that, my response was worse than it should have been- which didn't help our already tentative relationship between mother and daughter.  Still, as she came in tonight I heard the words I've come to expect, "I love you,"... "Goodnight"
 
       Sometimes I'm not sure she means it or if she's really just making sure that if I drop dead, the last thing she said was kind, but then I think on my own feelings and I do love her even when she is acting obnoxious, doing wrong, or driving me crazy!  I may not FEEL loving, but my love remains.  Perhaps she really does understand that now as an almost adult.
 
       Still, she continues to injure me with words and actions as do I to her because we are human.  All relationships are like that because they take place between flawed human beings.  But there is a relationship we can have where at least one party never fails or injures the other, and it's our relationship with the Lord.  He doesn't act obnoxious toward me, do wrong or drive me crazy; instead He reminds me of my own failures so I stop exalting myself above other's human flaws. 
 
      Human relations can be difficult... yet into the sad and discouraging times we can sometimes find ourselves in, He speaks these words of life to us:
 
 
I love you!
 
 
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rm. 8, 38,39
 
But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love with which He loved us Ep. 2:4
 
Behold what manner of love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God... 1Jh. 3:1
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!  If I should count them, they are more than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You. Ps. 139:17,18