and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, August 18, 2013



Okay, so I've got about 5 minutes to post something profound.

Guess you're out of luck, cause I'm not that good! :D


       So I had my 25th anniversary, and I got to thinking after that long, what are the important things I know about my husband?  Here are some of them:



He is kind.
He thinks about family and others and tries to do good for them.

He is generous.
He looks towards helping others with his time, attention and finances.

He is funny.
At unexpected times his humour shouts out.

He is interesting.
25 years later and I'm still learning more.  Yes, he can still surprise me.

He is open hearted.
He doesn't look down on others for race, religion, status, looks, colour etc.
 
He cares for me.
He provides for my needs, understands my pain and grief, helps when I am sick- and cooks for me A LOT.

He loves me.
I may not always feel it from him, but he's stuck it out through good and bad times with me and didn't walk away even when I acted stinky.

       I guess as I think about it, Albert shows Jesus to me everyday in all his best qualities.  He isn't perfect though. (Gasp, NO!!!)  So not matter how great he is, he cannot take the place of my first and forever love, Jesus Christ.  Note the differences:

He is always kind (Tt. 3:4).
He thinks about all of us and tries to do good for us- me too! For He is good (Ps. 107:1; Tt. 3:4).

He is always generous (Jm. 1:5).
He helps us with time, attention, healing, finances, support, perfect advice, etc.

He is funny.
At unexpected times His humour shows up (for a good bit with scriptures on God's humour read here.

He is very interesting.
30 years later and I'm still learning more- and He amazes me more every day.  Yes, He can still surprise me.

He is open hearted.
He is no respecter of persons (Ac. 10:34).  He doesn't look down on others for any reason only dislikes their evil / unloving actions.
 
He always cares for me (1Pt. 5:7).
He provides for my needs, understands my pain and grief, helps when I am sick- sometimes heals me, comforts me, encourages me, stays with me, gives me peace and joy, mercy and grace, hope and freedom, and much much more.
He protects me and no one can take my life and in His hands I am eternally safe.

He always loves me.  For He is love (1Jh. 4:8).
I always feel it from him, and he's stuck it out through good and bad times with me and didn't walk away even when I acted stinky.
He died for me on the cross of death that I deserved for my sins, and He did it for joy of my salvation.
He never leaves or forsakes me, and is a gentle Father who disciplines in ways that are appropriate.
He speaks to me, teaches me, leads me in the way I should go.
There is no limit to His love for me- it is perfect for He is love.

For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rm. 8:38,39