and the One who walks with me on it.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Company’s Coming



      Well, they could have been here any time after 2:30 pm.  You know what it’s like when you are getting guests over for the evening.  There is the rushing to clean the house, buying of supplies for supper, preparation thereof and the last minute touch ups to finish.  Then you wait.  In our case, we can’t be sure when they’ll get here, so we need to be patient.  I’m not always so good with patience.

       Still, I’m excited that they’ll be here soon and I’ll get to spend some time with them again.  Our visits are few and far between since they live in another province.  But friendships don’t really die, they just take hiatuses now and then and resume when time allows.  When we get together, we laugh, we reminisce, we converse about many topics, we find out what’s happening or what’s changed, sometimes we might even cry, but we always enjoy each other’s company.

       In a similar way, the Lord has prepared a place for us to dwell with Him forever (1Th. 4:17).  Whether it be mansions or cottages, sky rises or ranches, or rooms in His house, we will live with Him one day in a world where sin, sickness and death no longer have a place (Rev. 21:4,27; Is. 25:8; 1Jh. 3:5,6).  Though we are not company but are actually family coming home, we are visitors in the place we live now (Php. 3:20). 

In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, so that where I am, you may be also. Jh. 14:2,3
For the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has prepared herself. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white. For the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints. And he said to me, Write, Blessed are those who have been called to the marriage supper of the Lamb… Rv. 19:7-9


       So Jesus, in effect, has gone to Heaven to ‘clean up’ to prepare for our homecoming.  He’s ‘buying supplies’ for the marriage supper of the Lamb and making finishing touches on our place so that we will enjoy our time together.  When we finally arrive, we will laugh, reminisce, and learn a whole lot of what we didn’t understand here on earth in these mortal bodies.  Most of all, we will enjoy each other’s company forever.  It can’t get better than that!


We just have to be patient a little longer…


PS- As for me, I don’t know about that ‘no more tears’ bit because I’m pretty sure I’m gonna sob like a baby for joy of finally being with the Lord face to face.