and the One who walks with me on it.

Thursday, August 01, 2013

5 Hours of Distress



       This will not be one of my better posts Scripture wise, and I’m not even sure where it’s going, but it will be honest…

       As a teen I had one very best girlfriend.  Don’t know why we loved each other so much because in a lot of ways, we were so different, but my feelings are deep for her and most of her family that became mine.  For many years after marriage my BFF and I were separated for various reasons, but we now have the opportunity to hang out again.  Tonight I spent some great hours with her only to also be thrown into a lot of emotional, painful history, regrets and distress.  Then she hit me with a bombshell- well actually, she started to say something and knowing what she was about to say, I stopped her and had to walk away.

       My eyes were so blurred with tears I could barely see, my head was aching, my heart pounding, and anger flowed back and forth in my soul.  Struggling to breathe, I got as far as I could from her hearing and fell apart; shoulders shaking, tears flowing, choked sobs and finally the anger released in deep growls.  I wanted to stab something, maybe even someone.  Eventually I returned in more control but my emotions have been on edge ever since.

       Since being home for a couple hours, I have consumed one bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream, one mars bar, one chocolate pudding, many chocolate chips, some black licorice, three caramel rice cakes, a few spoonfuls of chocolate icing and one ibuprofen.  Though calmer right now (chocolate does that for me) I feel emotionally worn out, tired, sad, and still experience small bits of anger.  I wish the anger could be aimed at the responsible person, but it is also aimed at me for not seeing the things I should have seen or known.

       So, where do I go from here?  I need to forgive again.  That will be difficult but I am reminding myself of the Amish at Nickel Mines and how they forgave because God forgave them (Ep. 4:32).  God forgave (and forgives) me for all MY wickedness, so what right do I have to hold on to unforgiveness?  My mind and emotions continue to whirl and churn through it all, but the thing I want to do most of all is curl up in bed under my fuzzy blanket in my PJs with some soft music playing, my fav. Bible close, and my very BFF of all, my Lord right there beside me.

Why?

He is despised and rejected of men; a Man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief
Is. 53:3

The Lord knows and understands what I am going through right now.  He won’t abandon or berate me for any of it, but will comfort me with His love.  This is not my hope; this is my assurance!  Now I go to be with Him…

Lord, help me to forgive.  Help me find peace.  Hear my cry and know my heart for all those involved, and move in every life.  Thank You for being with me in this difficult time.  I love You more than life!