and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Some Days




       Some days it is hard for me to be here: to wake up in the morning and have to face the day again when where I want to be is with the Lord physically.  It’s not that I don’t love my family or my life because I do, but it’s like there is an important part of me missing or incomplete.  But I know it’s not my time to be with Him right now and I want His will for my life more than anything, still, that doesn’t always make it easier.

       Father God, Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit have changed my life in ways I could have never imagined when I started out on my path to knowing them.  For years I was lost, but then adopted into their family.  Then I often slipped off God’s path getting lost in the pathways of sin and/ or selfishness.  Yet, my Lord and Savior never abandoned me, but kept calling out to me encouraging me to return to Him like the Good Shepherd looking for His lost sheep.  This poem is in honour of Him.

What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after that which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.  Lk. 15:4,5

 
To My Love

I love You.
You are my heart.
I need You.
You are my breath.

When I am lost
You are my light.
When I am weary,
You lift me up.

Oh, that I may
Dwell in Your house
All of the days
Of my life.

To love You,
And feel the beat of Your heart.
To be with You,
And feel Your breath on my face.

To know how much You love me.