and the One who walks with me on it.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Flying Bed Sheets



       Never had a package of brand new bed sheets come flying toward me in the van before but that’s exactly what happened on Tuesday.  This SUV like vehicle a hundred yards up from me left their trunk open, and though I tried my best to track them down to return the sheets, it was not to be.  Eventually I figured God wanted me to have them to give away since I couldn’t use them (wrong size).

       Later that evening the Lord gave me a nudge toward asking a particular man from church.  Hmmmm.  Was it really God directing me?  So I thought I’d ask the man what size bed he had (that’s not weird at all, right?) and if he happened to need new sheets.  He does have the right size bed and had just told a friend he needed to get new sheets.  Surprise, surprise NOT!

That’s our God!  He does awesome things and can use any method He wants!

your heavenly Father knows that you have need of all these things. Mt. 6:32
But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.  Php. 4:19
Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases. Ps. 115:3 ESV

freebibleimages.org
       His child had a need and the Lord found a way to meet it.  It reminded me of when the ravens fed Elijah during a time of drought.  And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the torrent.(1Kn. 17:6)  The Lord provides for all His creation; “Who provides food for the raven, when its young ones cry to God and wander about without food?(Job 38:41)  Notice God takes care of the ravens and uses the ravens to care for Ellijah.

       After I found out this particular man actually needed those size sheets I thought, “wow, I always knew God could do whatever He wants”, but I’ve never seen it (with my own eyes) in action quite like this before.  We think we are in control of things on the earth, but everything belongs to God, “The earth is Jehovah's, and the fullness of it; the world, and those who dwell in it.(Ps. 24:1)  Food, bed sheets or anything else you need, God is surely able to supply!

       My hope for me is that next time the Lord moves like this I am not so hesitant, but I also hope He will continue to use me in any way that pleases Him because I know that He knows what is best for all of us.

Lord, thank You
     for each day seems new and exciting with You.