and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Know the Lord- Part 2



       Knowing the Lord is a progressive thing, not just a one time discovery.  Even if I connected with a new friend and we spent all night talking, sharing, telling deep dark secrets, we still wouldn’t know each other personally- it would just be a lot of new facts.  As I said before, knowing takes time with the person in many circumstances, and continuing effort.

Then we shall know, if we follow on to know Jehovah. Hos. 6:3
that you might walk worthy of the Lord to all pleasing, being fruitful in every work and increasing in the knowledge of God, Col. 1:10
But grow in grace and in knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ… 2Pt. 3:18

       So right now we only know part of the whole truth, and that which we see, we see through dim lenses because of our limited human minds.  For now we see in a mirror dimlyNow I know in part…” (1Cor. 13:12)Our knowing God should increase over time, not stay stagnant to where it was when we first surrendered our lives.

For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of Jehovah, as the waters cover the sea. Hab. 2:14
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall fully know even as I also am fully known. 1Cor. 13:12

Believers and Israel are betrothed/ married to the Lord.

And I will betroth you to Me forever… Hos. 2:19
For your Maker is your husband... Is. 54:5
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy. For I have espoused you to one Man, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ. 2Cor. 11:2

Forever side by side Lord!
       The Lord is not giving up on us.  Though we ignore Him when convenient, and use Him for His works, though we fit Him only in little parts of our lives instead of surrendering all of our lives to Him, He still desires to be as intimate as a spouse to us.  Yet I find after 25 yrs-ish of marriage, there are still things I am learning about hubby.  Likewise, we shall continue to know the Lord more as we dwell with Him. 

And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given us an understanding so that we may know Him who is true… 1Jh. 5:20
(about Israel, but we are Abraham’s seed)I will put My Law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. And they shall no more teach each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, Know Jehovah; for they shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says Jehovah. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sins no more.  Jer. 31:33,34

We need a heart that genuinely wants to know Jehovah God  We are promised that if we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us (Jm. 4:8).

And I will give them a heart to know Me,
that I am Jehovah; and they shall be My people,
and I will be their God.
For they shall return to Me with their whole heart.
Jer. 24:7