and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Question



       There was a question one day posed to a group of us who were doing a Bible study.  Though I can’t remember the exact question I remember my good friend answering, ‘for people to know the Bible’, while I answered, ‘for people to really know the God of the Bible.’  Both answers were good, neither was any better or any worse than the other, they were even close as the Bible is required reading to know God.

that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings  Php. 3:10

       In the end thoughts, our answers varied because of our histories, personalities and God given gifts.  My friend is quiet, patient, compassionate, organized, etc, and a very good teacher.  Hence, she loves to teach or lead Bible studies.  For myself, I love reading and studying the Word, but I also love to worship and spend time in His presence.  He is life to me.  I am not as quiet around others, not as patient and not so organized although I can teach well.  Mostly, I like to talk to others about God, who He is, and what He’s doing in their lives, mine or in the world. 

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.  1Th. 5:11 ESV

       Sometimes I think we get caught up at looking at others wishing we could be more like them when God helped us become the people we are.  As long as we continue to learn and grow (change) with His help, the Lord wants to use us just the way we are- warts and all!  We need to be willing vessels.  And it isn’t like you’ll always hear ‘say this, do that’, but sometimes words will come out of your mouth that you didn’t plan on saying and later the hearer will say your words were just what they needed at that moment.

I just love God moments- don’t you?

But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose.  1Cor. 12:18 ESV

       My sincerest desire is that every person would know God (Father, Spirit, Son) as much as me or better yet, more than me.  I want us all to be the big, happy family together in Heaven forever in an immortal, completely healthy body where there is no sadness, death, where sin does not hold us in bondage, where we are free in Christ and experiencing the abundant life God wants for us.

       If you do not know the God of the Bible, let me encourage you to get to know Him better.  Don’t believe the things you’ve been told in your past- they may be man’s opinion of God.  Find out for yourself in the Holy Bible.  Let me assure you, a life filled with the Spirit of God is exciting, fresh every day, peaceful, full of joy, and a completeness I am unable to explain.  Though trials will come, they won’t knock you down (or not for long) because you are standing on the Rock in the shelter of His wings.  There is no better place in this world to be than in the Lord’s hands.

You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Ps. 16:11 ESV