and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Where the Lord Walks




The Lord walks beside me as my companion in my journey in this life.  He keeps me company through all my days as we share our lives and He helps me understand Who He is and His Word while I’m here in this mortal flesh.
-Jesus walks with two disciples: “Then they asked each other, "Our hearts kept burning within us as he was talking to us on the road and explaining the Scriptures to us, didn't they?”  Lk. 24:32 ISV
-…you were called to the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.  1Cor. 1:9

 
The Lord walks beside me as my friend supporting me on this journey when I am struggling to walk on my own.  His strength and encouragement keep me going.
-He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.  Is. 40:29 ESV
-No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master does. But I have called you friends  Jh. 15:15



The Lord walks, carrying me in His strong arms as a Shepherd when the path becomes too dangerous or when I’m so tired, hurt or broken that I can’t even move.
-He shall feed His flock like a shepherd; He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom  Is. 40:11
-…and I'll carry you even until your gray hairs come. It is I who have created, and I who will carry, and it is I who will bear and save.  Is. 46:4 ISV


The Lord walks with His arm around me like a lover, holding me tight beside Him in the safety of His loving arms.
-For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy. For I have espoused you to one Man, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.  2Cor. 11:2
-LORD, do not withhold your mercy from me, for your gracious love and truthfulness will keep me safe continuously...  Ps. 40:11 ISV


The Lord walks before me to lead me in the way I should go, to find a place of rest for me, to clear the way and fight the enemy that may stand in the way.
-And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way Ex. 13:21 ESV
-The LORD your God is the One who will be going ahead of you. He'll fight for you just as he did in Egypt before your eyes.  Dt. 1:30
-who walked ahead of you along the way to scout a place for you to pitch camp  Dt. 1:33



The Lord walks behind me as a rear guard to protect and as a light to help me see the path ahead.  
-…and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light Ex. 13:21 ESV
-Later on Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. The one who follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."  Jh. 8:12
-…and the glory of the LORD will guard your back.  Is. 58:8 ISV



(not walking, but…) 

The Lord watches over me because He loves me, and He is open to hearing my prayers.
-Jehovah watches over all those who love Him  Ps. 145:20
-For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears open to their prayers  1Pt. 3:12




There is one place the Lord does not walk.  He does not walk all over us to harm us, squash us down or force us to do things His way out of fear of His retaliation.  The Lord is only good- all the time.  "You are good, and do goodPs. 119:68

praise Jehovah; for Jehovah is good
Ps. 135:3