and the One who walks with me on it.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The True Knight

       Even though I have a lot in common with men there are still some very feminine parts of me.  As a little girl I ‘dreamed’ that one day my knight would ride in on his white stallion with fierce countenance, brandishing shiny armour and sword, rescue me from the monsters (mundane life) and take me away to the place where we would be happy forever.  On our journey to this wonderful place, he would recognize the beauty I had hidden away, and would admire my strength and integrity.  He would defend my honour with his fierce fighting skills and would protect me from all enemies until we reached our destination.

       As a teen, I didn’t expect much less.  Substitute the horse for horsepower, the shiny armour for a sharp dresser, and keep the mad fighting skills to defend my honour and protect me, and you’ve still got the same basic man.  That Man already rode into my life when I was 16- literally but not visibly.  His name is Jesus and I say is because He is still alive (Mr. 19:19).  And one day He will ride in to visibly rescue humanity by redeeming us from the curse and completely destroying the enemy PERMANENTLY! 

And I saw Heaven opened. And behold, a white horse! And He sitting on him was called Faithful and True. And in righteousness He judges and makes war. And His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head many crowns. And He had a name written, one that no one knew except Himself. And He had been clothed in a garment dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 
Rev. 19:11-13

Then I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies gathered to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. The beast was captured, along with the false prophet who had performed signs on its behalf. By these signs the false prophet had deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. Both of them were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur. The rest were killed by the sword that belonged to the rider on the horse and that came from his mouth 
Rev. 19:19-21 ISV

       Jesus is the ultimate ‘knight in shining armour’ for He will return, riding on His white horse to vanquish the enemy for all eternity and restore this world to what it should have been.  He comes back in victory as
King of Kings and Lord of Lords (v.16) so that His bride can be with Him forever in peace and in the joy of God’s presence.


Jesus- our Knight in Shining Light!!!