and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Canadian Blood Services

       Well, my daughter won’t be thrilled about it, but I just found out (now that she’s old enough) that she is eligible to give blood.  Ultimately I won’t force her, but I am highly encouraging her to try at least three times before deciding not to.  More than anything it’s the idea of having a needle stuck in her that she doesn’t like, but I think knowing she could help save someone’s life will win out over her squeamishness.

       It has become more important to me now that I cannot donate and I realize how many people in my life needed donated blood to help them heal- including my husband.  because the life of any flesh is the blood itself.(Lv. 17:14a ISV)  Blood brings life to the flesh; it delivers nutrients for energy, oxygen to make them work, impurity removers, healing properties etc.  If you drained your blood to below minimum volume then you would die because it could not deliver what your body needs to live.

       About six months ago one of my doctors sent me for blood work.  When I sat down at the seat I was astounded at the vials put out before me (I stopped counting past ten).  Even the nurse was surprised!  Though I’ve had blood work done many times, there was never that much taken.  My veins are small and sometimes they have problems getting a needle in, so the nurse stated she would do the vials in a particular order in case she couldn’t get enough- but she filled them all. 

       After she was done I went home and ate a good protein breakfast and then had the best physical-wise day I’ve had in years and which has never happened after giving blood before.  I felt so good and energetic (I didn’t even need a nap J) and it lasted until the next day.  Best I can figure is my bone marrow producing new stem cells (mostly red ones after donating) must have given me an energy boost.?!  Whatever the reason, it sure felt like the new blood was bringing new life into this body.

       In a different kind of way, that is what Jesus’ blood did for us.  Our new lives are in His blood which He voluntarily shed at Calvary.  So we have life through His blood.

  
(Jesus said) For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.  Mt. 26:28
In fact, under the Law almost everything is cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of the blood there is no forgiveness.  Heb. 9:22 ISV
the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1Jh. 1:7
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace,  Eph. 1:7


       And because of His gift of life through His blood, we who were separated by sin from God can enter in to His presence for the veil has been torn (Mr. 15:38).  But now in Christ Jesus you who were once afar off are made near by the blood of Christ.(Eph. 2:13) for it pleased the Father to reconcile us to Himself “And through Him having made peace through the blood of His cross, it pleased the Father to reconcile all things to Himself through Him…” (Col. 1:20) 


There truly is LIFE in the BLOOD!
John 6:54