and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Such a Cool God !!!

       The best way to say something is awesome. Superior, desirable, worthy of approval.
       Refers to something that is very good, stylish, or otherwise positive.
       When someone is "cool" they are popular, suave, and you like them.

       Okay, no giving me grief over using a slang (no disrespect intended) term to describe our God, but really, He is just so cool.  This morning I had the opportunity to talk to an amazing woman for over two hours- and we talked a lot about God, life, and God in our lives.  I love that kind of conversation and I so rarely get to enjoy it because a lot of people are more interested in other things.  It is especially encouraging to hear how much someone else loves and is enthusiastic about the Lord.

       Back to the start- I pedaled my bike to church for 8:30am because I wasn’t sure what time my library shift was only to find out it started at 10 am.  I decided to get a hot chocolate and sit in the cafĂ© for a while to read when I saw this lady was there as well.  We sat together and had great conversation.  It is wonderful to feel that connection in Christ with another person and be able to spend some time with them.  The Lord knew I needed that kind of fellowship today and He provided for it.  He’s awesome!

 And they were continuing steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine, and in fellowship  Ac. 2:42
And let us continue to consider how to motivate one another to love and good deeds, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another even more as you see the day of the Lord coming nearer. (G3870- invite, invoke, exhort, comfort, intreat, pray)  Heb. 10:24,25 (ISV)
Therefore comfort one another, and edify one another, even as you also do.  1Th. 5:11 (G3619- build up, embolden- encourage, vitalize)


      So, did you notice that we shouldn’t have been able to speak so long?  I did, right after my hubby showed up for second service and asked why I wasn’t in the library.  Oops, I forgot!  The conversation was so good, that I completely failed to remember why I was there early.  Not so good. L  (I am still pretty tough on myself for memory issues, but, well, God could always choose to heal me J hint, hint!)  Anyway, the Lord provided someone to cover my shift, so it’s all good.  And the fellowship was priceless!


       Lord, You are so awesome, and I really appreciate all You do for us.  You are so much more than I ever imagined You would be.  Thank You, thank You, thank You!