and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Just A Thought

       It’s one of those days when my brain can’t focus on any particular topic, and so I sit here typing in thought after thought only to select and delete everything typed.  So I think I’m just going to go with the flow and see what comes from it.

       A friend of mine struggled with debilitating depression all week and I didn’t know.  Partially it was because I was struggling with increasing pain but also ‘brain fog’ that obscures my view as to what is going on around me.  And deep in my heart I know there are many other believers struggling out there probably feeling all alone in this big ol’ world. 

       But I wonder where all the support is: those helping us bear our burdens.  Sure we can reach out to others in our need, but sometimes our hands have grown too weak and they can’t even move.  Remember Moses, Aaron, and Hur? 

   But Moses' hands became heavy. And they took a stone and put it under him,
   and he sat on it. And Aaron and Hur held up his hands  Ex. 17:12  

       When did we stop calling, visiting, making an effort to find out where people have been when they go ‘missing’ from church for a while, etc?   Jesus told a parable of a king:

For I was hungry, and you gave me food; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you took Me in; I was naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.  Mt. 25:35,36 
(the people denied helping the king, but he replied)
And the King shall answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brothers, you have done it to Me.  Mt. 25:40

       So we see that whatever we do to others, it is as if we are doing it to Christ Jesus- our King of Kings.  The Bible is clear on us helping one another, comforting, and what it comes down to is if we really love one another we will go out of our way to reach out- showing them our love in action-

   Therefore comfort one another, and edify one another  1Th. 5:11
   Bear one another's burdens  Gal. 6:2
   Confess faults to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed  Jm. 5:16
   Do not be concerned about your own interests, but also be concerned about the interests of others.  Php 2:4 ISV
   But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.  Heb. 13:16

       Share my time.  Make more effort.  Pay better attention.  Sacrifice some of my unnecessary tasks to show more love in action to my brothers & sisters.  I think I’m going to start increasing relational efforts this year.  What good is my life if it doesn’t show the love of Jesus Christ to others? 

Note to self- stop only thinking of self!