and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, February 03, 2013

Happy Birthday Albert!!!

       My hubby is such a good man; I hope we have a long life together.  I feel especially blessed having him in my life- it takes a special man to put up with my… anyway, he is just the right man for me and I am so grateful to God that he was born.  Birthdays are great days because they are the day a precious person, whom God wanted to be alive on the earth, was born to be here with us.  Isn’t it just great that each person is here by God’s desire?

       Birthdays also make me consider the worth/ value of each individual.  I got into a short argument with a friend who believed she had no value (a wife, mother, daughter, aunt, business owner etc).  We must not look at ourselves through our own “self-worth” but rather through the eyes of God.  After all, He is the One who created us, and let me just say, He is not stupid that He should err in the creation of anyone ever born, including you.

I am fearfully and wonderfully made  Ps. 139:14  Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book all my days were recorded… v.16 BBE
Before I formed you in the belly I knew you Jer. 1:5 
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works Eph. 2:10 
And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likenessAnd God created man in His image; in the image of God He created him. He created them male and female  And God saw everything that He had made, and behold, it was very good.  Gen. 1:26,27,31 

       What we think of ourselves is often reflected in how we act.  If we think too highly of ourselves, we usually think very little of others and treat them poorly (certainly not lovingly). 
For if anyone thinks himself to be something, being nothing, he deceives himself. But let each one prove his own work, and then he alone will have a boast in himself, and not in another. Gal. 6:3,4 
not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think. But set your mind to be right-minded  Rom. 12:3
If we think less of ourselves than the Lord does, then the journey He put us here for will be greatly hindered.  We will never feel worthy to be His child and capable to do His will.  Thinking less than God does of ourselves is not humility but arrogance thinking God is too what? to create someone worthwhile.

Pride says- I can and I will by myself.  (King Nebuchadnezzar messed up his own life by claiming he did it all on his own  Dan 4:29+)
Humility says- I can and I will by God’s strength.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Php. 4:13 
Arrogance says- I just can’t; I’m too _________.  I am worthless.  What I can do holds no value.


       If God saw fit to create you (Gen. 1), to watch you being formed in the belly of your mother (Ps. 139:15,16), if He thinks of you more than you can count (v.17,18), He numbers each hair on our head (Lk. 12:7) and thinks we have more value than the animals (same), and if He numbers our wandering and puts our tears in a bottle and book (Ps. 56:8), He must think we’re special to Him.  Are you gonna tell Him different?  He chose where, when, to whom we would be born (Rom. 9:14-23) and with which personality.

       Remember, God sees us as we really are (For He knows our form; He remembers that we are dust.  Ps. 103:14;  for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God,  Rom. 3:23), and yet, still loves us dearly.  Dearly enough to send His Son to a world that hated Him, tortured and killed Him- while we were yet sinners.  If God thinks we are worth the life of His Son, worth His innocent, precious blood being spilled for our sins, then who are we to say different? 



Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight, but all things are naked and opened to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do. Heb. 4:13
You are bought with a price  1Cor. 7:23 
For one will with difficulty die for a righteous one, yet perhaps one would even dare to die for a good one. But God commends His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.  Rom. 5:7,8 
But when the kindness and love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us  Tit. 3:4,5 
For Christ also suffered on our behalf  Himself bore our sins in His own body  1Pt. 2:21,24 

       Since God said Israel was “…precious in My sight, you have been honored, and I have loved you…” (Is. 43:4) and He is no respecter of persons (Ac. 10:34), He must feel the same of all His children.  In closing just remember:

You are created by God.    Gen. 1:26,27
Your soul is of great value to Him.    Mt. 16:26; 2Pt. 3:9
You were worth His Son Jesus’ life.    Rom. 5:6+
And Jesus prepares a place for you.    Jh. 14:2

He wouldn’t do that if you weren’t precious and valuable to Him!