and the One who walks with me on it.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Took my Breath Away

       Early yesterday I had to go to the hospital to bring someone for an appointment.  I dropped him off at the door and went to park in my usual place, but I hadn’t counted on the temperature being a problem.  As I did a slow jog (to keep from freezing) to return to the hospital I found it far too difficult to breathe and I had to walk instead, and even with that I had to cover my face with my mitts so that the air I was breathing was warmer and easier to take in.  (I was not meant to live in such frigid cold!)
 
       There has been precious little in this life that has taken my breath away: my husband’s face as I walked up the aisle the day we married, my daughter’s face the first time I held her, my son the first (maybe only) time he told me he really appreciated me, and the first time I was in God’s powerfully strong presence… it was indescribably… pure.  The glory of our God is above the heavens (Ps. 8:1) and His power, mighty acts and glorious majesty will be spoken of  by men.  His kingdom is everlasting and His rule throughout all generations (Ps. 145:11-13).
 
O Jehovah, Yours is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty. For all in the heavens and in the earth is Yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Jehovah, and You lift up Yourself to all as Head. And the riches and the honor are from You, and You reign over all. And in Your hand is power and might. And it is in Your hand to make great and to give strength to all.  1Chr. 29:11,12
 
       One day we shall all have our "breath taken away" and that is the day we see the Lord in all His glory.  Whether that is after our death, ..."to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." (2Cor. 5:8) or in the end, "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." (1Th. 4:17) we will surely see Him, and the sight of Him in His majestic glory may just take our breath away!
 
and the glory of Jehovah shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together…  Is. 40:5
Behold, He comes with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, and those who pierced Him will see Him, and all the kindreds of the earth will wail because of Him. Even so, Amen. Rev. 1:7
...And then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of the heaven with power and great glory.  Mt. 24:30