and the One who walks with me on it.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Remember

       Sitting at the table this morning I remembered that I forgot to get my allergy shot earlier this week.  That means I have to go out across town in the first snowfall of the year- typically the worst for driving in as people are unprepared and end up in ditches and accidents.  Yuck!  Not looking forward to it, but I can’t wait because their hours for the next week and a half are spotty.

       There are just too many things to remember this time of year with all the family gatherings, gift buying and giving, finding deals, cooking, baking, wrapping, returning items, and so on.  Even though I write a list I find myself checking off too little of the items and not putting all the items on the list in the first place- like my shot.  I guess there are far worse things I could be dealing with and I am grateful that forgetting is the worst of it.  Still, both yesterday and today I thought I would get a particular task done and now I won’t because I have to go out once again.  (Can you tell I haven’t started what I said I would on Tues. 18th! Oops, I forgot! L)

       You know, things are gonna be all right, really!  So I couldn’t pay that bill because their system is down, the teacher did not call me back yet, my daughter missed the bus not due to her own fault, the new laptop has a manufacturing defect and needs to be returned, we still haven’t been able to get the star up on the tree because of shift work and not all being home, and the kids are a little whiny over some issues.  (They couldn’t be learning that from me, could they???)  It will be all right.  I mean, I woke up breathing with a beating heart, I could still see, all my limbs are working, my kids and hubby are all fine, and we have income, food and shelter.  Wow.  We are blessed!

                                   Blessed! 


Things to remember this season

Breathe.

God is with me, so it will all be okay.

Relax.

God-who is with me- loves me. 
          Oh yeah, He loves me. 
                    Yeah, yeah, He loves me!



For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Rom. 8:38,39 MKJV
(Thanks Lord J)