and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Wake-up Call

       Ever since I’ve been putting my subconscious into the Lord’s care at night, I’ve been sleeping through the night the majority of the time.  Friday night was an exception.  At 2:20 a.m. I woke up, and looked at the time on hubby’s clock, but in my gut I sensed something was wrong.  Everything sounded normal, so I decided since I couldn’t hear the Lord in it, to go back to sleep.  Next, I woke up at 3:30 with the same feeling, and since I still couldn’t hear the Lord telling me anything and still couldn’t find anything wrong, I wondered if hubby had checked his alarm clock as the power had flickered off earlier in the day which changes his alarm time.  The problem being he had to get up early for work, and he likes to get there early.

       At 5:00 when I looked at the clock I was seriously wondering if he had checked his alarm time, but I couldn’t check it myself without waking him up due to the position of the clock.  By then, I gave serious consideration to staying awake since he’d be up in half an hour, but I was really tired, and my eyes closed again.  At 6 am I awoke hearing my hubby still breathing beside me, and shook him awake knowing he’d have only 15 min. to get ready and leave- far too rushed and stressful, but better than being late for work!

       I can’t help but be very grateful to the Lord that He woke me up in time to ensure hubby wasn’t late.  You’d think I would have heard His voice telling me something, anything, but I didn’t, and I even asked Him if He wanted me to pray for someone, but I heard nothing and fell back asleep each time.  It is easier to just fall back asleep than to try and figure out what’s going on.  In hindsight, I should have done things differently.

       For the longest time in my journey with the Lord, He’s been trying to wake me up.  Wake me up from living a life of sin which put me in the bondage of guilt and shame.  Wake me up from a lifeless life where everything seems a drudgery or burden. Wake me up from the complacency that is so easy to fall into without realizing I am even in it!  Wake me up to what kind of relationship He really wants with me and then helping me to get there!  There have been many, many wake up calls He’s given me, but this last one I am hearing is by far the loudest.

for everything that is visible is light. That is why it says, "Wake up, O sleeper! Arise from the dead, And Christ will shine on you.''  Eph 5:14 ISV
How blessed they will be if he (the Master) comes in the middle of the night or near dawn and finds them (his servants) awake!  Lk. 12:38
This is necessary because you know the times-that it's time for you to wake up from sleep...  Rom. 13:11 ISV

       This one is the ‘final’ wake up call.  The- "I am coming soon" (Rev. 22:20 ISV), so you better be ready- wake up call.  The one that says, ‘the time is too short to still be playing around in the world,’ and ‘time’s too short, start doing what you know to do- NOW’ wake up call.  I’ve been hearing it for a while, and I’m not the only one hearing it.  There’s a mighty move of the Lord coming and we/ I must choose whether to be a part of it or to ignore the alarm that’s going off around the world in the lives of many believers.  The time is short.  Whether we believe it or not doesn’t matter, because all that ‘end time stuff’ from the Bible is going to happen, soon.  All we have to do is decide our part in it:

all in with God
or
without Him