and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, October 22, 2012

I’ve Got Nothing… but this

      Well, I started this post yesterday, and at 11:00 pm when I went to finish it the only thing on the page was the date.  After an hour of nothing, I went to bed thinking that it would be easier today, but apparently not.  Nothing comes to mind.  So, instead of leaving it off for a day, I’ll use the opportunity to post one of my favorite scriptures that just says it all about me and the Lord. 

But as for me, my contentment is not in wealth but in seeing you and knowing all is well between us.  And when I awake in heaven, I will be fully satisfied, for I will see you face to face.  Ps. 17:15 TLB

       That says it all.  My contentment is not in anything of this world- even all its riches.  Give me millions or barely make ends meet and I am still content because Someone who never fails me loves me very, very much.  And He walks with me through the good times and the bad.  What more can you ask for?  It matters to me that nothing stands between us, not even my own selfishness or foolishness because I don’t want walls, or anything, keeping us apart.  True intimacy and unity with the Lord are my desire.

       One day I will truly be fully satisfied, and that is the day I see Him face to face, literally and forever, and I will never have to be apart from Him again.  I long for that day.  I long to see His glorious face.  I long to be with Him spiritually AND physically, and be together like I think He wanted us (mankind) to be from the beginning.  Oh, to see Him face to face.

I await that day!