and the One who walks with me on it.

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Follow the Trail


       The first few years Albert and I were married, we celebrated our monthly anniversaries.  It wasn’t anything big, but usually a little romantic.  We lived in an old, two-floor, square farmhouse in the quiet country which gave us a lot of privacy that we enjoyed.  One day I came home to find a red construction paper heart on the floor in the foyer.  It said to follow the hearts.  Going up the stairs I gathered them one by one to find beautiful, romantic words of love on each.  At the main floor I found them going up to the next level, and further still, into the bedroom.  There on the bed was a beautiful vase with flowers, more hearts and a happy anniversary card.  Yep, hubby knew how to be romantic! J

       Service was so awesome last night- I could really feel the presence of Almighty God there in the room with us.  How could it be that the all powerful, living God would want to be with us fallible men who vanish like mist (Jm. 4:14)?  Still, it made me think about how the Lord has led me on a little trail towards eternal life with Him.  One by one I have picked up the hearts He set out on my journey, and read His beautiful words of love for me.  Over time, I actually received those words more fully and they grew and filled my heart to overflowing.

       I haven’t reached the end of the trail yet, but I know what’s waiting there for me anyway, and it’s the Lord Himself, in all His glory and majesty, waiting to be with me J!!!  That will be the greatest present of all.  And as I go farther in life, I will continue to pick up the hearts He leaves for me on the path He’s directing me on.  See, when I get off the trail, there are no more words of encouragement or hearts to follow.  That is why I desire to continue on His path for me.  And as I go, I hear His words of love for me at every step.

But God demonstrates his love for us
by the fact that Christ died for us while we were still sinners. Rom. 5:8 ISV

But God, who is rich in mercy,
for his great love wherewith he loved us,  Eph. 2:4

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? …For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Rom. 8:35-39

May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God
and to the endurance of Christ. 2Th. 3:5 ISV

Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love  Jer. 31:3

This is how God's love was revealed among us: God sent his unique Son into the world so that we might live through him. This is love: not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1Jh. 4:9,10 ISV